USA Accounting Career

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello
I have been researching affordable online schools for the best Accounting degrees, both Bachelors and Masters of Science in accounting. I am a real aggressive learner. Let me start by saying I have worked in the IT industry for 20 plus years and I am very analytical. I have reached a point within IT where I cannot grow any more. I have personally watched the IT industry be outsourced to either Temp Service Companies or overseas. All of the IT certifications I have obtained on my own do not mean much today. What made me consider Accounting was I did it to help people that I know. It started with software and then me assisting with setting up systems (PC's, Servers, etc) for Accounting. After spending as much time as I did around various accountants I also discovered I have a thing for numbers. I started and took several different Math courses and zipped through them and was done within 3 to 6 days depending on the type of Math class that it was. What I would like to do is complete the needed education and see which Accounting firm I could apply with to obtain and gain the best Accounting experience. So I am on this forum just trying to seek advice, knowledge and information as to what would be the best path. Any advice or information is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I highly recommend the associates and bachelor’s degree programs from Penn Foster College, which I studied myself. They are distance learning programs and you will need to take proctored exams under someone’s supervision, for example a librarian.

Ask a Question